It is very truly said that “Family is where life begins, and love never ends.”
Any kind of activity when done with the family, adds a feather to the fun and the enthusiasm while doing the activity.
Like all the other activities, cycling when done with family, its level of excitement increases at a much higher rate.
Fresh air and exercise are two of the many things that cannot get better when done with the family.
That is why many of the people set out on long weekend plans for cycling with their families, especially children.
Reasons behind Cycling with Your Kids
You should start pedaling with his or her kid as it helps them a lot in quite beneficiary ways.
Some of the many reasons for the same are as described below:
- If the kid starts to cycle at a young and tender age, it helps them to stay fit from the very beginning of their life
- Cycling makes the child more aware and also understand the vital importance of staying fit and healthy
- The parent-child interaction starts developing, and it increases with the assistance of cycling as the activity keep both of them in constant contact with each other
- It becomes quite easy for the parent to teach their child about the directions and the roads of their hometown in case of some emergency with quite an ease
- It helps the family getting involved with each other much more
- Also, it helps in bringing positive vibes within the great bonds of the family
- Lastly, the investment that you have to make in this activity is quite less when compared to other activities, but the benefits of the same that are availed in exchange are comparatively quite high
Parenting Benefits of Cycling with Your Children
There are many benefits that can be availed from family and social bicycling for the kids. Some of the many amazing benefits are as explained below in short:
- It is usually observed and concluded by many of the teachers that the kids who usually prefer a walk for pedaling to their school, turn out to be more attentive and have a high grasping power than the ones who do not.
- Many of the times, the children who practice frequent family cycling programs turn out to be more inquisitive.
- Also, it helps in imparting the travel habits in the kids which are a good thing to learn at such an early age.
- It even assists the child and the parent to remain fit and healthy.
- The parents who adapt to cycle often with their kids are able to know them much better.
The Add-ons to Your Cycling Back Pack
When you plan a weekend for cycling with your kid, it seems quite interesting.
But, while doing the same, you should be careful with many things because you are going on pedaling with a child.
You should pack a kit that makes the child feel safer and more comfortable when biking.
The things that you should definitely carry with you are as described below:
- Drinks: You should make sure that you carry plenty of drinks. Carrying water in one of the bicycle bottles can prove to be the best. The water in the bottles can also be used for washing the hands or cooling them down.
- Snacks: You should carry an extra packet of snacks while biking. You can pack up assortments like cereal bars, fruits, fig biscuits, cakes and much more.
- Extra Layers: While planning mountain biking with your child, you should not forget to carry some of the windproof and shower proof jackets with you all round. For the kids, you can carry fleeces or jumpers.
- Spare Clothing: While traveling with small children, spare nappies or two for tinies, the spare pants should not be overlooked by the parents.
- Toolkit: What if your cycle just flats around while on a ride? For such kind of emergencies, you should definitely carry a tool kit with you who in it have tools like a pump, tire levels, puncture kit and also a spare inner tube.
- First Aid Kit: First aid or medical kit is a must-have in your list and that you should not miss out. The first aid kit should comprise of plasters, antiseptic cream, painkillers, high factor sun cream and wet wipes.
- Distractions and Mobile Phone: You should not overlook the vital importance of mobile phones during an emergency in any case. Also, when the children get bored or tired of cycling they can hang out with the distractions like, tennis ball, Frisbee or the action figure.
The Amazing Places for Family Mountain Bicycle Rides in the USA
Are you planning for a mountain bike ride with your family? Are you not able to decide which place to go to?
Below are some of the most amazingly perfect places for mountain biking with your family:
1. Green Trail, Coed Llandegla
This route is a way marked route of about 5 kilometers that has been developed specifically while keeping the families in mind.
Once you are done with cycling around the reservoir, the route meanders its way back through the forest before the final descent can sweep you around to the visitor center where the award winning bacon betties are easily accessible.
2. The Tramway, Brecon Beacons
This tramway is about 9 kilometers and it’s is made of a green graded trail and is located inside the Brecon Beacons National Park.
Initially, you have to follow the Taff trail and then there is the route that climbs you upwards through a forest road. You can gently return via the Brinore Tramway.
In the village of Talybont on Usk, you can find out everything, from pubs to shopping markets and cafes.
3. Rookie Green Trail, Afan Forest
This beyond perfection trail is a meandering, wide trail that has been designed especially for the families.
There are a lot of picnic spots that can found out along the pathway and also there is an additional skills area for the ones who wants to enhance on their pro cycling and technical riding.
Hence, the Rookie Green Trail has all the components that are needed to make an amazing family bicycling day out.
4. Minor Taur, Coedy Brenin
The Minor Taur trail is usually referred to as the trail with all kind of fun and rolling. Thos trail proves to the perfect one for the people who want to develop their biking skills but majorly avoid the climbs and all sort of technical sections.
It comprises of about three loops and returns you back to the visitor center which provides you with a big opportunity to get yourself a warm cup of tea and a piece of cake.
Cycling – A Total Bliss
Cycling is always a great exercise to do, and it brings joy to the children. When the activity is carried with the family, the joy and the excitement that kids hold just doubles up.
It can prove to be a beneficial activity as it not only provides fitness but also helps to mold and nurture the kid since the tender age as he/she is under the parent’s guidance while doing any task.
Your comments and suggestions will be heartily appreciated.
You may even ask any query if aroused. We will be pleased and happy to help you.